- If you have not confirmed the acceptance of your study place (new students)
- If you do not registere as attending or non-attending every academic year or every semester by the deadline stated.
- If you have not completed the degree programme by the end of the normative study time (3,5 + 1 year) and the President has not granted you the permission for an extension.
Restoring the Study Right
Exceeding the Normative Study Time (after 3,5 years)
If you have already studied for 3.5 years and 1 extra year, and are still not due to graduate, you can apply for a further discretionary extension.
This discretionary extension time can be granted under the following circumstances:
- Justifiable grounds that have affected the studies (working is not necessarily justifiable grounds)
- There are only a few courses left to be completed and you have realistic chances of completing your studies
- In the case of compulsory, degree-related studies. If you have completed your compulsory studies, the extension will not be granted, e.g. for free-choice studies or student exchange.
- For a maximum of one year at a time
Further details on applying for the discretionary extension.