Exams and Retakes
Every course includes three (3) opportunities to sit an exam (the exam proper and two retakes) and all are governed by the same regulations. Lecturers announce the dates of these exams at the beginning of each course.
It should be noted that the courses may change from year to year and later attempts may have different requirements. If the student is unable to sit a set retake exam due to practical training or being on exchange, he/she must negotiate another date to sit the exam with the course teacher. If the student has used up all his/her exam attempts, he/she can discuss how to complete the course and which parts must be done again, with the lecturer concerned.
- Date will be announced at the beginning of the course. All students are expected to participate!
- Course exam will be considered a used exam opportunity even if the student does not participate
- There is no need to register for this exam separately
- Not participating the exam will appear as an “E” in your transcript
In cases of illness or other sudden obstacles, please contact the lecturer concerned BEFORE the exam.
Retakes (2 opportunities)
- If you fail the course exam, you can take a retake. There are 2 opportunities to retake the course exam.
- Retakes are taken on a general exam date and dates for each course are given by the lecturer in concern (you cannot choose the date yourself!). The retake opportunities for each course are the following possible retake dates within the same or the immediately following semester.
- You must register according to instructions.
- In case you cannot pass the course using the fiven opportunities, you should discuss with the teacher which parts of the course you need to redo.
Retakes take place in Taito 1 at 18:00 – 20:15. Students gather in Netcafé at 17.40 at the latest.
Please note that registration for an exam is considered as an exam attempt even though the student did not participate in the actual exam. In case of illness or sudden obstacles, please contact the lecturer concerned.
The maturity test related to the thesis is written during the general exam dates. The exact date must be agreed with the supervising teacher when returning the thesis.
Computer retake dates are different from the general exam dates (retake dates). Computer exams will be arranged on Wednesdays and you should register for the exam by Thursday, 4:00 p.m. the previous week.
Exams are arranged to take place between 4.00 p.m. and 6.15 p.m. The class room will be announced with the exam date in the Intranet News and InfoTV. You must register for computer retakes according to the normal registration procedure by Thursday (4.00 p.m.) a week before the exam. The registration from can be accessed from intranet (log in to intranet: For Students > Forms > Registration for a Computer Retake.aspx).